Saturday, April 05, 2008

A Ghoulishly Grand Gift!

Some of you know of my Halloween fetish... er, problem... oh, hell, I love Halloween and I'm not ashamed to admit it! :-) Anyway, a few years ago, a neighbor of mine and I decided to combine our Halloween nuttiness into one big giant monster mash of a party called "Madame Zelda's Haunted Graveyard". I provide the graveyard, she becomes Madame Zelda, and together we raise funds for the benefit of a wonderful children's charity called the Freedom Playground Foundation. We were so successful last year (mainly because of one very generous donor) that the foundation was able to complete its goal of creating a barrier-free play environment for children all over Tampa. The Freedom Playground is now a reality, instead of a just a dream.

Anyway, my neighbor (Stefani, a/k/a Madame Zelda) gave my husband and I one of the nicest "thank you's" I've ever received, in the form of this:

Is this great or what? This is one of the bricks in the wall surrounding the playground. When I'm old and gray (which will be never, thanks to Clairol!), I'll be able to take my grandchildren there and show it to them.

I just love it, and I'm so glad I was able to help with such a worthy cause!

What's the coolest "thank you" you've ever received?

2 comments:

Michele said...

Aww, that is such cool "thank you" gift! And, hey, congrats on the success of "Madame Zelda's Haunted Graveyard" and for raising enough funds for the playground! :-)

I know I've enjoyed looking at your pictures of the Haunted Graveyard for the past couple Halloweens. You guys do such an amazing job.

Terri Garey said...

Thanks, Michele. :-) I just found out this morning that the playground won an award from the city for "Outstanding Contribution To The City", which is pretty cool. It really is an awesome playground, and the fact we got to tie it in to Halloween fun was just icing on the cake!