Thursday, April 10, 2008

Footsteps In The Sand

I plan on leaving a lot of those these weekend. I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning for the Silken Sands Writers Conference, hosted by the Gulf Coast Chapter of Romance Writers of America. NYT best-selling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is the keynote speaker, and good friends Janice Lynn and Kathleen Long will be giving a workshop. There's a booksigning on Saturday afternoon (it will be my first large group signing), but I have to admit that one of the main reasons I'm going is because it's being held at the beach! :-)

What is it about the sea air, hm? The breeze, the waves, the sun - we look at them and think they're beautiful, but did you know there's actual scientific evidence that the negative ions created through the combined movement of air, water and sunlight really do improve your mood and sense of physical well-being? In a reversal of what you'd normally think, positive ions are bad, while negative ions are good. (Learn something new everyday, dontcha?)

Anyway, while it may appear I lead a charmed life, my life has been less than charming lately. I don't normally say this, but I need me some negativity! :-)

Have a great weekend, everyone, and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

No comments: