Friday, October 12, 2007

Let's Do The Time Warp Again!

I just saw the most fabulous production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show! I've seen Rocky before, but only once, and it was an "audience participation" show backed by actual scenes from the movie. (Can you say crazy wild? Flying cards, toast, etc.) This was a live performance by the members of the Univ. of S. Florida's TheatreUSF ensemble, and it was incredibly good!

The set was gorgeous, and the cast was unbelievable. Dr. Frank N. Furter was played to perfection by Michael Titone, Jason Glass was ghoulishly gleeful as Riff Raff, and Devyn Simms was by the far the best Magenta I've ever seen. I was blown away by the talent of these young people - definitely not your average college crowd.

From the first moment of the opening scene, I smiled, laughed and clapped. The entire performance was stellar - fun, thoroughly professional, "blown-away" fabulous. My hands hurt afterward. :) Way to go, TheatreUSF!!!

No comments: