Tuesday, November 14, 2006

If Today Is Your Birthday...

...then Happy Birthday to us! :)

Yes, another birthday has come around to prove to me that I'm not getting any younger. I'm not giving up without a fight, though - already donned my war paint (i.e., makeup), and dressed in 'power colors' of black and red. My secret motto is 'Look like a million bucks, feel like a million bucks'. Some people say you are what you eat - I tend to think 'you are what you wear'. LOL

Anyway, before I share my 'horoscope of the day', I want to share one that I saved from the year 2000:

If today is your birthday, you are dynamic, inquisitive and very serious where romance is concerned. You are a natural writer, psychologist. you travel more than most. One day you could write a novel.

When I read this, my first thought was 'Gee, I have always wanted to write a novel... maybe I should give it a shot." And six years later, I've written six novels and am hard at work on my seventh. (The first two were pretty much crap, the second two were pretty darn good but 'hard sells', and the last two will be published by HarperCollins next year!) I'm not claiming that all that hard work was the result of the stars being aligned - but reading those words sparked something in me - the 'what if' that propelled me into a whole new career.

Today, my birthday horoscope isn't quite so specific:

Stamina and a discerning eye: Those two qualities enable you to fix just about anything that needs adjusting right now. It's wise to concentrate on your own issues. Friends need to learn how to get out of their own messes.

Ouch. That'll be a hard one... I have so many wonderful friends, and while I can be a bit reclusive, I'd never turn a friend away who had a mess that needed solving. As to concentrating on my own issues, I've got four more books to write in the next two/three years, and plenty of other issues to concentrate on while I'm at it. :)

I plan on doing it all, without neglecting my friends any more than I already do.

Look out world! This Scorpio wants her birthday cake and plans to eat it, too!

5 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Birthday, Terri!

Terri Garey said...

Thanks, Michele.

Love your avatar! :)

Marly Mathews said...

I hope you had a stellar birthday, Terri! :)

~Marly

Anonymous said...

Okay, this comment is from your husband...but it's okay because it's a day-after-birthday report. First of all, you looked like a million bucks--eyes, hair, young skin, beautiful shape, and yes, cool in your red and black power colors. I'm the real winner, because I get to look at a beautiful woman (you) every day of my life. And second...this year is when your dream will come true. Before your next birthday, your first novel will be at Barnes and Noble, Borders, and my favorite, Amazon. Selling like it's the new Ipod (my prediction). You are a beautiful, sweet, intelligent person. Love, Bob.

Janice Lynn said...

Okay, Terri. Tell Bob he made me cry. No fair. So sweet! Hope you had a fabulous birthday. :)