Friday, October 16, 2009

Bitten By Helsinki's Favorite Vampires, The 69 Eyes

I had the time of my life last night, when I finally got to meet Jyrki, Jussi, Bazie, Archzie and Timo-Timo of the 69 Eyes!

The guys were so nice (don't let the scary posing deceive you), and so friendly, (urging my husband to take extra pictures just in case some of them didn't come out), and each and every one of them signed a copy of Dead Girls Are Easy! Here is my favorite photo of the evening, with Jyrki holding it (do I look happy, or what?):


















Here's a shot of Bazie and Archzie signing it:














And another of me with Bazie (with Jussi in the background):



And then, because there's no way Jussi should ever be in the background:



(Despite Jussi's zombie stare for the camera, he is actually adorable in real life; soft-spoken, and sweet. I came this close to getting him to take off those sunglasses, until Timo confided that he didn't want to do it because he'd just woken up and hadn't put on his eyeliner yet. Gee, I know the feeling.) :-)

Jussi and Timo-Timo:



And I particularly love this shot, even though it's the back of my head, because this is the moment when Jyrki said, "At last we meet." Isn't that sweet?



And when the meet and greet was over, I rocked out with my friends Troy and Tiffany as we heard the band play live. It was a great show, with tons of energy-we danced, we screamed, and waved our hands in the air in honor of a really great band and really great bunch of guys. Although I was invited to stick around and hang with the guys after the show, I decided that might be TOO much fun, and went home with my wonderful husband. :-)

I had a fabulous time, and would go again in a heartbeat. The 69 Eyes are currently touring all over the U.S., so if you get a chance to go see them, don't hesitate... get bitten!

5 comments:

ThatBrunette said...

You cut your hair? It looks cute!

Terri Garey said...

Yep, cut my hair, and love it. :-) It's the "just rolled out of bed and ran my fingers through it" look! LOL

Anna Sugden said...

Wow! What a fun experience! You Rock Chick!

And I love that new haircut - tres chic.

Terri Garey said...

Thanks for the compliment on the hair, Ms. Brit Chick - now if I only had those big, gorgeous dark eyes of yours to go with it! :-)

Rose said...

You look almost like how I envisioned Nicky when I first read "Dead Girls are Easy"