Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cupid's Arrow Strikes True - They're Engaged!

I got an early morning phone call from my sister this morning, telling me that her sweetie "popped the question" last night, and she said "YES!"

Pam Talley and Bart Santamaria are now officially engaged, and I'm SO happy for them both!

Pam and Bart have been dating for two years, and I've never seen a couple who gets along so well (except me and Captain America, of course). Bart's a great guy - kind, easygoing and very, very likeable - I'm tickled to have him join the family! (Um, Bart... you DO know what you're getting into don't you? If you don't, too late now! LOL)

All joking aside, I give the man a lot of credit for surprising my sister by doing it the night BEFORE Valentine's Day. Dinner, a show at the performing arts center, and then when my sister was already in her pajamas and in bed, he got down on one knee and told her he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, and offered her a beautiful diamond engagement ring. (Do I hear an AWWWW.........? Maybe that was just me, doing it again.) She's bringing her sparkly pretty over tonight after work so I can see it.

Please join me in a huge, heartfelt CONGRATULATIONS to the happy couple! I love you guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mega-congrats to Pam and Bart! How romantic. Wishing them both tons of happiness!

Lindsey

Anna Sugden said...

Congratulations to Pam and Bart! Hope you have a long and happy marriage!

Anna

Betty Hanawa said...

May your life together be joyous!