- "Down South" means Key West.
- "Panhandling" means going to Pensacola
- You think no one over 70 should be allowed to drive.
- Flip-flops are everyday wear.
- Shoes are for business meetings and church.
- No, wait, flip-flops are good for church too, unless it's Easter or Christmas.
- Sweet tea can be served at any meal.
- An alligator once walked through your neighborhood.
- You smirk when a game show's "Grand Prize" is a trip or cruise to Florida.
- All the local festivals are named after a fruit, a reptile or a pirate.
- A mountain is any hill 100 feet above sea level.
- You know the four seasons really are: almost summer, summer, not summer but really hot, and Christmas.
- Anything under 95 is just warm.
- You've hosted a hurricane party.
- You understand the futility of exterminating cockroaches.
- You understand why it's better to have a friend with a boat than to have a boat yourself.
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Posted by Terri Garey at 10:25 AM