Sunday, February 13, 2011

News, Events and Appearances In 2011 (so far)

It's mid-February, and already I've had to sit down with my calendar to plan out my year. My current novel-in-progress, A DEVIL NAMED DESIRE, is due to be turned into my editor March 1st, which means that for the rest of this month I'll be glued to my keyboard, fine-tuning, layering, and tweaking it into shape before I turn it in.  The month of March itself will be spent a) collapsing with relief, and b) twitching, as I'll be a bundle of nerves while I wait for her to read it.  :)

The real fun begins in April, when I fly to Los Angeles for the RT Booklovers Convention.  If you happen to be going, too, you can find me at the Avon Dusk to Dark Mixer/Booksigning on Friday, April 8th, from 6-7pm, or track me down at the giant Book Fair on Saturday the 9th from 11-2pm.  The rest of the time I'll be attending workshops, meeting with readers and librarians from all over the US, attending parties like the Venetian Masquerade Faery Ball and the Vampire Ball (featuring "Zombie Strippers from Planet 9"!) and just generally roaming the halls seeing how much trouble I can get into.  Dean Koontz is a special guest of honor this year, and I've made myself a vow not to leave the convention without his autograph, and if I'm REALLY lucky, a picture!

The month of May, I'll be on pins and needles waiting for the mass market paperback release of Book #1 in the Devil's Bargain series, DEVIL WITHOUT A CAUSE, which will be in bookstores everywhere beginning May 31st.  If you don't want to wait, you can read an excerpt here, and if you're really impatient (like me), you can go ahead and pre-order it from Amazon, which means you'll get it a few days early.

I'll be doing some booksignings in the Tampa/St. Petersburg/Brandon area once it's out, and will be sure to post dates and times when it gets closer.  I'll also be doing some signings in the Atlanta area, and will post those, too.

June will find me in New York City, where I'll be attending the Romance Writers of America conference, from June 29th through July 3rd.  While there, I'll be participating in a panel discussion called "Beyond Giggles and Screams: Light vs. Dark Paranormal Fiction" with fellow Avon HarperCollins authors and Supernatural Underground pals Kerrelyn Sparks, Pamela Palmer and Karina Cooper.  Having written my share of both giggles and screams, I'm really looking forward to it!  I'll be signing books at the giant "Readers For Life" Literacy Autographing on Tuesday, June 28, from 5:30–7:30 p.m. (which is open to the public), and a special signing with Avon Books.

August will find me - excitingly enough! - in Melbourne, Australia, where I'll be attending Romance Writers of Australia's annual conference.  (C'mon, admit it, you know you're jealous!)  I've been wanting to go to Australia my whole life, and this year is the year!  While at the conference, I'll be participating in a workshop panel on Supernatural Series with my editor, the talented and wonderful Erika Tsang, and fabulous fellow authors Kelley Armstrong, Keri Arthur, M.J. Scott and Kylie Griffin.  After the conference, it's off to Adelaide to visit old friends, and then on to the Brisbane area to enjoy the wine country (and its benefits) with my two favorite "Annas" - lovely authors Anna Campbell and Anna Sugden.  Books, sightseeing, old friends, new ones and wine.  What more could an author ask for?

Anyway, hope to meet a few of you at one of these places, and if not, pop by my website or Facebook page and say hello!

1 comment:

Sharon S. said...

Australia?! You little jet-setter . What an exciting year for you. My grandma lives near Atlanta...hmmmm