Thursday, December 28, 2006

Bring On The New Year!

Does it make me a bad person to say that I'm really, really glad that Christmas is behind us? So many obligations, so many expectations, so many things to do, say, drink, eat, buy, wrap, return, decorate and take down to be packed away.

I, for one, am looking forward to the coming year in a way I never have before... my first book will be coming out in the fall, my youngest will finish his third year of college, my husband and I will welcome a new baby into the family, and with any luck I'll get that long-awaited Alaskan cruise along with a couple of other smaller trips. Yay!

I have my health, my Captain America, dear friends, a beautiful home, and a new career. I don't make New Year's resolutions, but if I did, I'd resolve to appreciate each and every day of the coming year. And if I could manage to lose this extra 'Christmas' weight fairly quickly, that would be a bonus. :)

What about you? What are you looking forward to in 2007?

4 comments:

Janice Lynn said...

My friend Lindsey selling. ((she made me write this ;) ))

Terri Garey said...

I don't think we'll have to wait too long for Lindsey to sell, Janice. :) I bet we'll be celebrating by Valentine's Day!

Michele said...

Hey Terri!

Boy, you do have a lot to look forward to in 2007. Can't wait for your book to come out! :-)

And I'm with you in appreciating each day of the coming year because I cannot BELIEVE how fast time is flying by. Arrrgh. LOL

Happy New Year! :-)

Michele

Terri Garey said...

Happy New Year to you, Michele! On one hand, time is flying (another year older, ugh!), while on the other it's dragging (waiting for my books to be on shelves). I really just wanna learn to live in the NOW. :)