Wednesday, July 18, 2018

New Covers!

It's taken a great deal of patience and persistence, but I'm absolutely thrilled to announce that I've finally gotten the rights back to most of the books in my Nicki Styx series!

What does this mean, other than my publisher finally got sick and tired of all those "I've met my all my contractual obligations, so please, please, please give me my rights back!" letters?? It means that I can finally give those books the covers that I always envisioned for them!

Here's Book #1, DEAD GIRLS ARE EASY. I've quite literally always had a vision like this in my head: Nicki, in a graveyard (looking cool, of course), sitting on a tombstone while the Light beckons eerily behind her.

I can't tell you how much I love this cover; my publisher wanted a more "cartoonish" look for the original, and while I didn't absolutely hate it, it wasn't what I had in mind.




Here's Book #2, which was formerly titled A MATCH MADE IN HELL. (That's another thing I get to have control over now, which is titles. Oh, the POWER! LOL!) I'll be very honest (now that I can) and say that I never liked that particular title, but my publisher did, and that was that.

Now, it isn't! :)

This book is about family secrets and spooky old mansion, so I'd always envisioned another graveyard scene, complete with tombstone and a skeleton key.

Makes you wonder what Nicki Styx might find in that spooky old mansion, doesn't it?




Here's Book #3, which I have to admit is secretly my favorite (I got my way with the publisher on the original title, which I've always loved. Now I get to love the cover, too. :)

This book is about temptation, and doing the right thing in spite of it. This is also the book where the reader gets to know the extremely complex character of Sammy Divine, and see how hard it becomes for Nicki Styx to resist the Devil when the Devil bares his soul, revealing the broken heart of the fallen angel within.

Oh, Sammy, whatever is the world to do with you?

There are more books and more covers to come, but I simply couldn't wait to share these. They were all done by the wonderfully fabulous cover artist Karri Klawiter, who was an absolute joy and pleasure to work with. She took my visions, and brought them to life; thanks, Karri!




No comments: